TO SUCCEED, DEFINE YOUR SUCCESS FIRST
All the 8 billion people on this planet have 1 thing in common - all of us want to succeed... from the beggar on the streets to Bill gates , everyone wants to lead a successful , healthy , happy and prosperous life .
But roughly only 1% of those 8 billion can be today considered as successful . Those 1% are the so called 'lucky ones ' have their dream job , brought their dream house and their dream car and seem to be always on the not-so-hard side of life while the rest 99% are still struggling ...
Why is this so ?? What is that one thing that separates those successful elite people from the unsuccessful ones ?
The answer is :
SUCCESSFUL PEOPLE HAVE THEIR OWN DEFINITION OF SUCCESS
Far too many people today are doing jobs without even knowing why they are doing it. People today want to succeed but without knowing what success is
- and that is where champions differ from the commons :
CHAMPIONS KNOW WHAT SUCCESS IS
CHAMPIONS CLEARLY KNOW WHAT THEY WANT
THEY HAVE THEIR OWN STANDARDS AND DO NOT CARE ABOUT WHAT THE WORLD SAYS
- AND THAT IS WHY THEY ARE CHAMPIONS...
So what exactly is success ?
The person who has the answer to that question is in the mirror...
Success is relative - what is success to a beggar does not even come close to the definition of success for bill gates
A athlete and a artist have different definitions of success . But here is what champion athletes and artists have in common - they have their own definition of success - they do not borrow it from the world .
So if you want to be successful - If you want to join the Edison's and the Picasso's and the Da Vinci's and the Abdul Kalam's , you will have to first develop your own definition of success .
Decide your standards . Decide on the quality of work that you do . Ensure that you leave your mark in whatever you do .
Define success in your own terms . Do not use the definition that the world and the society gives for you . you are the CEO of your own life - so no one except you can decide your standards !